Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ball and Ballet

This weekend I attended the University Venectian Carnival Ball. My friends and I  dressed up and decorated masks to join along in the festivities. Unfortunately, I was only able to be at the ball for 15 minutes until I was called to aid a friend who had too much to drink. I was told the food at the Ball wasn't great anyways so I probably didn't miss out on much! Also, on Sunday I attended the Royal New Zealand Ballet production, "Stravinsky Selection". The performance was multi-faceted and made a 3 hour show feel like 30 minutes. Last last performance called Petrouchka was about a love triangle between puppets which reminded me of the toys in the Nutcracker Ballet.
Poster advertising the ball
The mask that I made..aka Cortland did all the artistic detail to it
 Cortland and I in our masks
 Julien proud of being Back of the Game in his rugby match!
 The red velvet box is where Julien's "Back of the Day" cup was in. I thought it was funny
 Flatmate picture! Julien, Jennifer, Me, and Gus


 Julien (rocking the Robert Pattinson hairdo) haha  and Gus
 Jeff and Gus

 Some other lovely ladies with masks!
 Gus, Dylan, and Jeff

 Julien and Cortland
 Sophie and Dylan

 After leaving the ball I decided to go DT to savor the rest of the night. We ended up at a club called Tokyo. The club was underground and as you can tell had a really low ceiling.
 This club was not meant for the claustrophobic!
 The three performances and the costumes that were in them.
Julien standing in front of his van. He had to sell it because he is leaving Wellington in a month. He was very attached to his car and named it after a rugby player called Sonny Bill Williams. He always referred to it as Sonny Bill :) He was sad when it was sold but then he was player of the game for rugby so I think he may be over it now haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment