Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Photos of My Home Stay

Since my camera died in Fiji I was unable to take pictures of the home I stayed in. However, I found so pictures that my fellow study abroad member posted on her facebook so I decided to steal them! Thank you Malaika.
This is our bedroom. Malakia slept on this bed and Michelle and I shared the bed to the right.
The view from our balcony. They had their windows and doors open most of the day and since it was hurricane season it rained a lot. It was really peaceful to watch the rain and listen to it from inside.
Our bathroom. The toilet was in a smaller room which was common here.It actually makes more sense to do that then have it in one room..kind of inconvenient when you think about it.
Auntie, Richard, and Elizabeth standing in front of their house.
The house, like many of the others, was held up by stilts so it wont get damaged in a flood. The center part is a stair rail. My roommates and the kids played tag under the house. They had a swing set on the balcony that we played on as well.
Our room had a balcony as well.

Thought this pictures was precious. As you can tell Elizabeth was the more mischievous of the two!
Richard trying to cut a cocnut with a butcher knife as Michelle watches nervously. I finally stepped in and told him I would cut it. Although I am sure he would have managed just fine ;)
Malakia climbing the coconut tree in front of the house. The tree was fully of ants but this is how we were able to get the coconuts for the delicious cakes that were made.
A little entertainment for our going away ceremony.
Elizabeth is quite the dancer! She was really entertaining to watch.
One of our instructors even went up there and showed us her moves!
I'm quite proud of this picture! Not because I am holding a lizard but because I look half way descent considering I hadn't eaten all day because I could not keep my food down. Gross..I know
We visited a Hindu temple on the way back to Nadi. We were told to take off our shoes in respect. The place was quite colorful but I don't remember much the man said because he was being quite grumpy with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment