Monday, March 28, 2011

March 29th 2011 Morning Hike

6:30am this morning I climbed out of bed (on my day to sleep in) in order to hike to the top of Mount Victoria to watch the sunrise. Since next week is daylight savings I would have to wake up at 5:30am to see the sunrise so I think Cortland and I planned it perfectly to go this week. We walked through downtown along the shore line which is very peaceful and quite beautiful when everything is still and dark. We spent so much time taking pictures at the base that we barely had time to climb to the top before the sun peaked over the mountains. We practically were running up Mt. Victoria and I was ill prepared because I did not bring water. By the time we reached the top I was out of breath and ready to hurl. Our speediness was rewarded because we had time to sit and watch the sunrise for 20 minutes. The view from the top is quiet spectacular because it feels like we are surrounded by water. Watching the sun stretch over the back mountains is quiet a scene to behold. Great way to start the week and the day!

 The dock right before the sunrise...I thought it looked like a painting!



 I love the trees here...They look like pine trees but definitely with more elegance

 Downtown Wellington











1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, great way to start your day off. I am so glad you are making the most of your time. There is nothing like a sunrise. That is why I walk in the morning. I am enjoyed many of sunrises and they all seem like I am viewing one for the first time. Great pics, tell Cortland I feel like I know her.

    ReplyDelete