Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March 2nd 2011 Interesting night..Bothersome morning

Last night I experienced my first earthquake/aftershock. I was lying in bed around 10:30pm watching a movie when all of a sudden if felt like someone had shaken or pushed my bed. Then I heard the whole apartment shake and heard people chattering outside. As I got up, heart racing and knees weak, the rest of my roommates were also awake and heading outside. Once outside, I sat and talked to some of the Kiwis that told me that it must have been an after shock of the Christchurch earthquake. Although very cautious, I headed inside to finish my movie and pray for peace and quiet the rest of the night. This morning the newspapers said that it was around a 4.5 on the rictor scale and although it was a short and harmless quake, people in Wellington were more rattled than usual because they were still on edge from the Christchurch earthquake.
         Although this isn't of the issue, it is very rainy and windy in Wellington today so using my umbrella is pointless because every 5 seconds it turns inside out because of random wind gusts...I guess I'll have to invest in a rain jacket or poncho.

No comments:

Post a Comment