Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Feb 13th Farewell

Today we said goodbye to our families and set out for Nadi. I did not enjoy myself on the bus ride for I was sick to my stomach. I must have gotten food poisoning because food was not staying down and I felt like I was going to die! Luckily we ate at a resort so they allowed me to take one of the rooms to sleep while the others were eating. During the rest of the day we went and visited a bird park where I got to hold an iguana and pet some small sea turtles. We also went to a Hindu temple where we were directed to take off our shoes. Within the temple there were 4 corners that represented their different deities. The building and statues were brightly painted and detailed. In the middle was a man that was preparing food for worshipers to come and take to different gods for their blessings. Each god was designed to help in different areas of life from financial issues to school exams. Once back at the hotel it was nice to be living in A/C and getting a warm shower. I finished the night by watching Valentine Day (the movie) with some friends since we would be traveling the day of Valentine’s Day.
This is the first dance of our ending ceremony at the Dravo tribe

No comments:

Post a Comment